SusieDDesigns - 10 Deanburn, Penicuik, Midlothian, EH26 0HS ("We" or “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of this Policy, SusieDDesigns is the data controller and where applicable, the data processor of your information.
This Policy together with any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis of:
- What personal data we collect and why
- What we do with your personal data
- How we secure your personal data
- How you can change or delete your personal data
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
‘Site’ - means the public area of susieddesigns.co.uk
‘Personal Data’ - means any information that can personally identify an individual.
What Information We Collect
The legal basis in which we process information we collect is in order for us to provide you 'the customer' with our products and is in our (SusieDDesigns’) legitimate interests which are further explained in ‘How We Use The Information Collected’ section of this Policy.
We may collect and process various forms of information when you use our Site:
‘Automatically Collected’ Information - If you use our Site we may automatically collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We achieve this by using cookies and other forms of technology. All of the information that is automatically collected is statistical data about our Users browsing actions and patterns. Some of this information is stored for security purposes so we can alert you of any suspicious activity on your account.
‘Third-Party’ Information - We only have access to your name, address and email and phone, through Paypal, if you place an order to purchase our products. This is solely for the purpose of us fulfilling your (the customer) order.
How We Use The Information Collected
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways during the provision of our services and operation of our business, including the following:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any purchases entered between you and us
- To carry out any business essential administrative processes
- We will only communicate with you (the customer) if you've contacted us or purchased from us. We will not use your information for marketing purposes or pass on your details to third parties for marketing purposes.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical / Performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. These cookies enable us, SusieDDesigns, to monitor the performance of your site (page loading speeds, etc) to ensure that everything is functioning correctly. This also helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that customers are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you. For example, remember your preferences within the application.
- Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, amongst other information. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it (if applicable) more relevant to your interests.
You can find out more information about cookies and how to disable them by visiting https://cookiesandyou.com.
We use Google Analytics to measure traffic to our Site and understand how customers move around and use our Site. We use this information to enhance the Site we provide to ensure that customers get the best experience possible. We also use Google Analytics to monitor aggregate information of your website which helps us monitor the performance of features we offer within our Site to ensure full functionality. The information gathered also enables us to improve these features in the future. All of the information we collect from Google Analytics is aggregate and will not be disclosed with any other third parties.
How We Store The Information We Collect
When your information is submitted to us, we use it to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to ensure your information is protected. These safeguards are implemented to ensure that personal data in our possession is not subject to any unlawful forms of processing which include accidental loss, unauthorised access or disclosure. Our Site has Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption present. These measures are regularly reviewed to ensure that your personal data is being stored in the most secure way possible.
We will, to the best of our knowledge, not process, store or transfer any data to any service that does not comply with the GDPR or have adequate security measures in place to protect your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure Of Information
We will only disclose your information to any third-parties as detailed in this Policy and under the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SusieDDesigns or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To facilitate payment (for example, Paypal).
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SusieDesigns, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In order for them to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
SusieDDesigns does not pass on your details to third parties for marketing purposes and will not use your information for marketing purposes. For more information, please see the ‘Your Rights’ section of this Policy.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information & Your Rights
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy within your account. Under the GDPR, as a User of our Service, you have several rights in relation to your personal data which include:
The right of access - you have the right to know exactly what information we hold about you and how we process it.
The right of rectification - you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or incomplete.
The right to be forgotten - You have the right to have your personal data removed or deleted without a specific reason for doing so. This is also known as ‘the right to erasure’.
The right to restrict processing - an individual's right to block or suppress processing of their personal data. You have the right to block your personal data from being processed.
The right to data portability - you have the right to request the personal data we hold about you for your own use.
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the ICO or raise a complaint by contacting [email protected] and we will investigate accordingly.
We will continue to retain any information collected from a customer until an order is fulfilled and we no longer need to contact that customer about said order.
We may still hold personal information under the following conditions:
- If required for financial records in line with UK accounting and taxation laws (for a period of at least 6 years, plus the current year)
- If deemed necessary due to any legal obligations or regulatory investigations that may arise
SusieDDesigns, 10 Deanburn, Penicuik, Midlothian, EH26 0HS
Alternatively, you can use the Contact Us page on our site.
Changes To This Policy